Adobe Photoshop CS2 a while back accidentally exposed that the new version would be announced next week along with Creative Suite 2. Photoshop CS2 "brings a new level of power, precision and control to the digital photography experience and to the overall creative process," Adobe said in a press release dated April 4, 2005 that was briefly posted on its website. The application will feature an enhanced Spot Healing Brush, and Smart Objects, which "allow users to scale and transform images and vector illustrations without losing image quality -- as well as create linked duplicates of embedded graphics -- so that a single edit updates across multiple iterations."
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - the new release promises better tools to fix common image problems such as red eye and blemishes, as well as updated support for raw, or uncompressed, images. The software is expected to start shipping in May.
Describe below are just a few of the new exciting features in this new release. Stay tuned for the full review.
Click to see new features in Adobe Photoshop CS2 (2.6 MB PDF)
Photoshop CS2 integrates a new set of Advanced Intuitive Tools for Digital Photographers, Graphics and Video Professionals
1. Photoshop CS2 - Enhanced
Spot Healing Brush
2. Photoshop CS2 - Smart Objects
Allows the Digital Artist/Designer to scale and transform images and vector illustrations without losing image quality/integrity - plus create linked duplicates of embedded graphics — so that a single edit updates across numerous iterations.
3. Photoshop CS2 - Vanishing Point and Image Warp
Vanishing Point cuts tiresome graphic and photo retouching responsibilities by allowing users to clone, paint and transform image objects while preserving visual perception.
4. Photoshop CS2 - File Browser upgrade - Adobe Bridge
A central concentrated focus for productivity, imagery and creativity, providing multi-view file browsing and smooth cross-product integration across Adobe Creative Suite 2 software.
5. Photoshop CS2 - Camera Raw 3.0 Workflow
The digital artist in addition batch processing of raw files, to JPEG, TIFF, DNG or PSD formats, can now be done in the background without launching the main Photoshop executable. Integrated, non-destructive cropping and straightening controls allow raw files to be easily prepared for final output.
6. Photoshop CS2 - Noise Reduction
correction of noise created in High-ISO shooting,
plus JPEG artifact reduction.
edit 32-bit, High Dynamic Range images, for the
widest range and richest detail.
efficient one-click retouching fixing dust,
scratches and related image flaws.
correct this wearisome photo flaw.
quickly repair common lens issues like barrel and
establish (create) Animated Web graphics directly
in Photoshop CS2.
counteract the most considerably common photo
blurring with advanced control.
fast individual adjustments of shadows and
highlights, now also for CMYK images.
A greater number of filters, such as Liquify, are now available for use in 16-bit images. Test them out you never know what you previously under utilized.
15. Adaptability - Making the new release correspond to your needsMenu Customization with workflow-based presets and custom-defined menu sets, with color-keyed commands. Enhanced Automation with new actions and scripts for batch image processing - film & video production. Variables - Streamline creation of repetitive graphics using imported spreadsheet data. Event-Based Scripting that expand the designers efficiency with commands set off at specific points in your workflow. Adobe Help Center with new task-based help topics and search features in a separate floating window.
Read the Google Cached Story